Best Picture winner The Harder They Fall
The African American Film Critics' Association (AAFCA) has revealed its award winners for the past year, with The Harder They Fall named Best Picture. The Netflix-produced Western also took Best Director (for Jeymes Samuel), Best Ensemble and Best Music.
"It’s been a fantastic year for film,” said the organisation's president and cofounder Gil Robertson. “Just having passed the two-year mark of a global pandemic, great entertainment means more to all of us than ever before. This year’s AAFCA winners not only entertained us, but educated and inspired us and we’re looking forward to celebrating them at the AAFCA Awards."
The ceremony will be held at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles on 2 March.
Those award winners in full:-
- Best Picture: The Harder They Fall
- Best Director: Jeymes Samuel - The Harder They Fall
- Best Screenplay: Adam McKay - Don’t Look Up
- Best Actor: Will Smith - King Richard
- Best Actress: Jennifer Hudson - Respect
- Best Supporting Actor: Corey Hawkins - The Tragedy Of Macbeth
- Best Supporting Actress: Aunjanue Ellis - King Richard
- Breakout Actor: Saniyya Sidney - King Richard
- Best Ensemble: The Harder They Fall
- Emerging Director: Reinaldo Marcus Green - King Richard
- Best Music: Jeymes Samuel, Kid Cudi, Jay-Z - The Harder They Fall
- Best Independent Feature: Who We Are
- Best Documentary: Summer Of Soul (...Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised)