Here's your chance to add to your DVD or video collection for free! We're also giving away some fun stuff to help you become the envy of your family and friends, so don't forget to check back regularly.
To be eligible to enter for the competitions you must be registered. It's easy and only takes a minute. For full terms and conditions see below.
Following its selection for Cannes Classics 2018 and its recent screening at the Cinema Ritrovato in Bologna, Jacques Rivette’s controversial French New Wave The Nun (La religieuse) is out on DVD/Blu-ray/ES now.
In the XVIII century, Suzanne Simonin (Anna Karina) is locked in a convent against her will. She finds for a while some comfort with the Mother Superior, but then she dies and is replaced by a sadistic woman than cannot stop blaming and punishing Suzanne. The woman gets the right to move to another convent, however, she remains determined to recover her freedom.
The release is a 4K restoration of the film and thanks to the devout movie buffs at Studiocanal, we've got three copies of the DVD to give away.
To go into the virtual hat, just read our review of Rivette's Don't Touch The Axe and tell us who plays the central role in that film.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2018
The House With A Clock In Its Walls
Magical adventure The House With The Clock In Its Walls tells the spellbinding tale of 10-year-old Lewis (Owen Vaccaro) who goes to live with his uncle in a creaky old house with a mysterious tick-tocking heart. But his new town’s sleepy façade jolts to life with a secret world of warlocks and witches when Lewis accidentally awakens the dead. The film, which also stars Jack Black, Kyle MacLachlan and Cate Blancett is released in UK cinemas on Friday, September 21.
To celebrate the release, we've joined forces with the magical team at Entertainment One to give away ten sets of fabulous merchandise, including a mystic ball, an alarm clock, a projection torch, a T-shirt and a Spellbook style notebook.
To be in with a chance to win, just have a look in the clock case and tell us the name of the character Jack Black played in Jumanji.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2018
Le Crime De Monsieur Lange
Le Crime De Monsieur Lange - which has been restored to 4K quality and is out to own on DVD now - is based on the life of a clerk at a publishing company who fulfils his dream of writing Western stories when the head of his company fakes his own death. Offering social commentary through a romantic and thrilling story line, the film became strongly linked with the political left wing, so much so that the Communist Party requested Renoir to create propaganda films against fascism.
To celebrate the release of the film on Studiocanal's Vintage World Cinema label, we've got three copies to give away. To go into the virtual hat, just read our review of Jean Renoir's La Grande Illusion and tell us who plays Lieutenant Maréchal.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2018
Terms and conditions
- Our competitions are only open to registered subscribers to our newsletter
- Only one entry per competition per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
- After the competition closing date, winners will be contacted for their full address details and these will be forwarded to the relevant company who will send your prize directly to you. This is the only time that we will pass your details on.
- For all our competitions the minimum age of entry is 18 unless otherwise stated.
- Competitions are only open to UK residents (including Northern Ireland).
- Entries made via third parties are invalid.
- In the unlikely event of supply difficulties we reserve the right to replace the stated prize with another of comparable or greater value.
- We make every effort to contact winners via email - but if winners fail to respond within four weeks of the draw being made we reserve the right to redraw the prize
- By entering any of our competitions you are confirming that you agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions.