Gabo: The Creation Of Gabriel Garcia Marquez will open Iberodocs 2016.
The Iberodocs documentary festival returns to Edinburgh Filmhouse this week, celebrating the culture and history of Ibero-American films.
Running from May 4-8 and curated by artistic director Mar Felices Gonzalez and Isabel Moura Mendes, the festival also features a section entitled Lusophone Eye, focusing on Brazilian and Portugese film, which this year has a focus on connection and isolation.
The festival begins with Gabo: The Creation Of Gabriel García Márquez, preceded by a reception for ticket holders - one of several events that will run through the festival.
The full line-up is below:
- Gabo: The Creation Of Gabriel García Márquez
- Rio Corgo
- All Of Me
- Don't Include Me Among You
- To Be And To Come Back (short), showing with No Cow On The Ice
- On Football, showing with History of Abraim (short)
- The Creator Of The Jungle, screening with Travelling Light (short)
- Pepe Mujica - Lessons From The Flowerbed, screening with Nae Pasaran (short)
- Short Docs: Looking From Afar, includes:
- The Party And The Barking
- Echo Chamber
- Neither God nor Santa Maria
- Le Boudin
For further details about the programme, visit the official site.