Film Fest on the Forth will run from 10am to 10pm on Saturday 31 July and Sunday 1 August 2021, The weekend is supported by EventScotland as part of the Year of Coasts and Waters 20/21.
Russell Aitken, managing director of Port Edgar Marina said: “We are thrilled to be collaborating with EIFF in hosting this special open-air screening as part of Scotland’s Year of Coasts & Waters 2021. It’s an incredible initiative to be involved with and we look forward to welcoming families from across Scotland to showcase the stunning location of the marina.”
Ken Hay, CEO of EIFF said: “We are delighted to be celebrating the return to the communal cinema experience with a brilliant programme of aquatically themed classics, all set against the backdrop of the iconic Forth Bridges. Huge thanks to our friends at Port Edgar Marina in staging the films and to EventScotland for their support as part of the Year of Coasts and Waters. We look forward to seeing everyone there.”
The line-up, which features films with a maritime link, is below:
Saturday, July 31
- Moana (PG, 113 mins, 2016) Disney’s beloved musical animation of an adventurous teenager and her inherited love for the seas
- The Water Horse: Legend Of The Deep (PG, 111 mins, 2007) Family adventure set and shot in Scotland based on the Celtic legend of kelpies
- Whisky Galore! (U, 81 mins, 1949) Classic anti-authoritarian comedy set on a Hebridean Island based on Compton Mackenzie’s novel.
- Jaws (12A, 124 mins, 1975, 45th anniversary) Directed by Steven Spielberg and widely heralded as the original summer blockbuster
Sunday, August 1
- Brave (PG, 93 mins, 2012) Pixar’s stunning animation set in the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland centred around a Scottish princess confronting tradition
- The Illusionist (PG, 77 mins, 2010) Charming, Oscar nominated animated adventure set across Scotland and specifically Edinburgh, based on an unproduced script by legendary French Director Jacques Tati
- Whale Rider (PG, 105 mins, 2002) Oscar-nominated drama centred on a young Maori girl and her special connection to the magnificent seas creatures who has to fight to fulfil a destiny her grandfather refuses to recognise
- Titanic (12, 186 mins, 1997) James Cameron’s box office record-breaker and winner of 11 Oscars. An epic romance set on the seas which made global stars of Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet Tickets, which are free, are now available for Film Fest on the Forth at www.edfilmfest.org.uk
Tickets are available from the EIFF site
The 74th edition of EIFF runs from 18-25 August. The full programme will be announced on 28 July 2021.