Fifteen projects have been selected for San Sebastian Film Festival's IV Europe-Latin America Co-production Forum, chosen from 173 submissions from 21 countries.
An additional project, in collaboration with the Ibermedia Programme, has ben selected at the Workshop to develop film projects from Central America and the Caribbean, and will participate in the Co-production Forum, not in competition.
Among the projects chosen, are films with established directors such as Nicolás Rincón and Israel Adrián Caetano alongside newer voices including Larissa Figueiredo and Théo Court.
The EGEDA Award for Best Project at the Europe-Latin America Co-production Forum 2015 will be announced at the Forum closing gala, on Wednesday September 23. The Award comes with €10,000 and is sponsored by EGEDA, the Audiovisual Producers’ Rights Management Association.
As a continuation of the San Sebastian Forum and under its collaboration with the Marché du Film at the Cannes and with the Argentine Film and Audiovisual Arts Institute INCAA, a number of these projects will have the opportunity to continue progressing internationally by participating in the Ventana Sur market and in the coming edition of the Cannes Producers Network. Their screening at these events will make a decisive contribution to boosting their international projection.
There will also be a Focus on Canada in collaboration with Telefilm Canada. This initiative seeks to consolidate the contacts and projects started at the last edition and to expand professional relations to other areas, such as distribution.
Projects presented at earlier editions of the Forum have been selected for a number of highly prestigious international festivals, such as Que Viva la Música! by Carlos Moreno (New Frontier – Sundance 2015), Las Elegidas by David Pablos (Un Certain Regard – Cannes Festival 2015) and La Tierra y la Sombra by César Augusto Acevedo (Semaine de la Critique and Caméra d'Or winner – Cannes Festival 2015).
The full list of selected projects is below:
- Agontimé Director: Larissa Figueiredo, Brazil
- Bajo este sol tremendo Director: Israel Adrián Caetano, Argentina/Uruguay
- Blanco en blanco Director: Theo Court, Spain/Chile
- Clara Sola Director: Náthalie Alvarez, Sweden/Colombia/Denmark
- Contactado Director: Marité Ugás, Venezuela/Peru/Colombia
- El auge del hyumano Director: Eduardo Williams, Argentina/Portugal
- El motoarrebatador Director: Agustín Toscano, Argentina
- Kiken Director: Carlos Ameglio, Uruguay
- La omisión Director: Sebastián Schjaer, Argentina/Germany
- Lanza internacional Director: Víctor Cubillos, Chile/Germany
- Los años rotos Director: Gerardo Tort, Mexico
- Memorias del calabozo Director: Álvaro Brechner, Spain/Uruguay
- Oliverio y la piscina Director: Arcadi Palerm, Mexico
- Ronnie Monroy ama a todas Director: Josué Méndez, Peru
- Tantas almas Director: Nicolás Rincón, Colombia/Belgium
Ibermedia project (Not a competitor for the award) El sueco Director: Patricia Ramos, Nicaragua/Brazil/Chile/Cuba